Clipboard items / transient data

Emil

Hi!

I am using the clipboard manager Unclutter. When writing a workflow for pasting generated passwords, they keep showing up in the clipboard list, despite me checking the box "Mark item as transient in clipboard", when using the Copy to Clipboard Output.

macOS 10.13.1

Alfred v.3.5.1[883]

Hello and Welcome, @Emil,

We can’t properly help you without access to your Workflow.

Debugging can already be hard with access to the code, and you’re asking us to guess yours from a description. There are multiple places where you code or Workflow setup may be going wrong. Without looking at it we’re shooting in the dark, which is a waste of time for everyone involved (including you).

Read the Reporting Problems with Workflows topic, as it gives a nice overview on how to build an effective report.

@Emil Beyond the tips already provided by @vitor, have you also checked whether Unclutter respects transient content from other sources?

It may be that either the option isn't enabled in Unclutter, or the developer hasn't considered watching for the transient content flag to ignore the passwords you copy from your workflow. 

Cheers,
Vero

16 hours ago, Emil said:

despite me checking the box "Mark item as transient in clipboard"

It's an issue with Unclutter, tbh. Marking clipboard data as "transient" or "concealed" isn't a system feature. It's down to the app developer to check the clipboard data and ignore data marked thusly.

You might have more luck specifying the data as Concealed, which is the right type for passwords. (Transient is really for data that is temporary—e.g. a snippet engine which puts its own data on the pasteboard, then puts the previous data back again after it's pasted its snippet.)

• Andrew changed the title to Clipboard items / transient data
On 11/18/2017 at 10:44 AM, Emil said:

Hi!

I am using the clipboard manager Unclutter. When writing a workflow for pasting generated passwords, they keep showing up in the clipboard list, despite me checking the box "Mark item as transient in clipboard", when using the Copy to Clipboard Output.

macOS 10.13.1

Alfred v.3.5.1[883]

Hi Emil!

This is Eugene from Unclutter Team.

Just found this thread.

Well, you guys right. It is not Alfred or system failure - it is about Unclutter.

We've fixed this issue in v2.1.5 (available on our website, will be also released soon in the MacAppStore and Setapp).

If you have a version from our website, please update and check if the issue is gone.

Wish you all the best!

Eugene.

@Unclutter Out of interest, does Unclutter have a mode where I can drag/drop stuff near my cursor and not at a screen edge?

The whole screen edge thing works great on my 11" MBA, but it sucks on my 30" Cinema screen where the screen edge may be a long, long way from what I want to save. And I need something to replace the now-defunct Dragon Drop.

3 minutes ago, deanishe said:

@Unclutter Out of interest, does Unclutter have a mode where I can drag/drop stuff near my cursor and not at a screen edge?

The whole screen edge thing works great on my 11" MBA, but it sucks on my 30" Cinema screen where the screen edge may be a long, long way from what I want to save. And I need something to replace the now-defunct Dragon Drop.

Currently doesn't.

But that is a good feature-request for the next major update we're working on. ;)

Thanks!

Edited by Unclutter
12 hours ago, Unclutter said:

Hi Emil!

This is Eugene from Unclutter Team.

Just found this thread.

Well, you guys right. It is not Alfred or system failure - it is about Unclutter.

We've fixed this issue in v2.1.5 (available on our website, will be also released soon in the MacAppStore and Setapp).

If you have a version from our website, please update and check if the issue is gone.

Wish you all the best!

Eugene.

Hi Eugene!

Thank you so much for reaching out regarding this. Great to know you support the feature in the coming release!

2 hours ago, Emil said:

Hi Eugene!

Thank you so much for reaching out regarding this. Great to know you support the feature in the coming release!

You're very welcome :)

Sorry for the delay, we've detected a minor issue in our 2.1.5 release yesterday. Need to fix it fast now. The new update will be available very soon.

Eugene.

• 2 months later...

had this problem for over a year or two with ClipMenu.  Even when i add Alfred to ClipMenu's list of "excluded apps".    Super frustrating.  Guess I'll have to stop using it, and stick to Alfred's clipboard monitoring then (or another product).   Just had been used to ClipMenu from long before I purchased Alfred. oh well. 

Edited by kneel23