Loading Sound Bank files into workflows

@PAUL R FONTENOT On the page you link to and provided by @Vero, it doesn't talk about adding the sounds to the library folder... here is a quote from the webpage:

Alternatively, you can use custom sounds by adding these to the workflow's folder.

You can quickly access the workflow's folder by pressing the squares button to the left of the Cancel button.

Drop a aif or m4a file into the folder, and it will appear in the Sound popup menu (press refresh if it doesn't appear).

So to rephrase this into actions:

1. Open the Play Sound object configuration in your workflow.
  2. Click the squares icon next to the Cancel button.
  3. Drop any sound into that folder (this is the folder the workflow lives in).
  4. Press the little refresh button next to the list of sounds in the Play Sound object configuration.

You can now select the custom sound you have added to that workflow.

The grey help text in the Play Sound object also contains these instructions, plus, if you haven't noticed, the little (?) button in the bottom left of each workflow configuration sheet takes you to the help page for that specific sheet.

Thank you Andrew for trying to help.  Your instructions were very comprehensive and succinct.

I have gone through all of the steps that you have delineated several times.

When I get to the part where you "Drop any sound into that folder (this is the folder the workflow lives in)", the workflow folder will not let me "drop in" any sound files.  I have tried several times to drag them over from where they are installed but the folder will not accept them.

I also don't understand why the sound folder cannot index the location of my sound files if I install them according to your instructions.

6 hours ago, PAUL R FONTENOT said:

Exactly where in Finder do I go to; which file; which folder?

You follow Andrew's instructions above to open the workflow folder in Finder:

20 hours ago, Andrew said:
  1. Open the Play Sound object configuration in your workflow.
  2. Click the squares icon next to the Cancel button.
  3. Drop any sound into that folder (this is the folder the workflow lives in).
  4. Press the little refresh button next to the list of sounds in the Play Sound object configuration.

Step 2 opens the folder in Finder and that's where you drag and drop the files in Step 3.

Alas, I was finally able to load the sound bank files; I first had to

1.  select the files in finder 

2. go to the All Workflow objects 

3.  Open the Play Sound action module and click configure

4.  Clicked on the "squares" button  (then the finder addressed itself to my highlighted aif files.

5.  Clicked Save  

and, Voila!  the sounds were copied into the play sound action module.

Then, I tried to copy that module into other workflows from the ALL WORKFLOW OBJECTS workflow; that didn't work.

What I had to do was duplicate the ALL WORKFLOW OBJECTS and then delete the modules I didn't need.

Once I did that I was able to copy the play sound action module into the same workflow.

I have reached the point where I was confident enough to build a workflow from scratch; opening a new file in Word, Excel, Power Pont and Notes and opening a URL in Google Chrome.  I put in some delay filters so I would not get overwhelmed with the results happening all at once.  It all works!  ?

See the attached jpeg on my new workflow.

(DATE)(time)20.jpg