Search Apple/iCloud Notes

@melomon You don't need the paid developer account to make an app, it's just programming. It's needed for distribution through places like the App Store, or in this case to run without Gatekeeper blocking the app.

Further, signing with a friend's Developer ID would be unauthorized access and is against Apple's policies. It's not the same thing as borrowing your mom's Netflix password for the day.

On 9/19/2024 at 7:20 PM, FireFingers21 said:

@melomon You don't need the paid developer account to make an app, it's just programming. It's needed for distribution through places like the App Store, or in this case to run without Gatekeeper blocking the app.

Further, signing with a friend's Developer ID would be unauthorized access and is against Apple's policies. It's not the same thing as borrowing your mom's Netflix password for the day.

But if someone from the Alfred team would sign it, with the umbrella Alfred company Apple ID (which is not assigned to someone specific, but instead the whole company), I think that would be allowed under the rules. That way they could review the source of this useful workflow, sign it, and then feature it on the Alfred Gallery... win-win for everybody I'd say! 🙂

If @vitor doesn't want to, then perhaps @Andrew or someone else from the Alfred team could do it, that'd be awfully kind and just awesome... 🫡

As a Legendary+ Power Pack supporter, I would wholeheartedly approve!

Edited by melomon