@biati Thanks so much for the hard work here—just bought Alfred and I think your workflow will get the most use from me.

I found the default currency conversion to be quite inaccurate (when checking against Google, Morningstar, XE). This is fixed with the Fixer API, however I see the free API only has 250 calls/month. What happens when this limit is reached?

Is there any way to make the default conversion rates more accurate, maybe using yahoo finance like Spotlight?

Thanks!

Edited by alfredpanda

Hi @tyyyo, welcome to the forum.

That doesn't look like it's a workflow-specific problem. It looks more like a problem with the software you're using to sync Alfred's preferences.

If your other workflows are working okay, re-installing this workflow should fix your problem.

5 minutes ago, alfredpanda said:

This is fixed with the Fixer API, however I see the free API only has 250 calls/month. What happens when this limit is reached?

The workflow is configured to update exchange rates at a frequency that won't exceed 250 calls/month. The rates may be a few hours out-of-date as a result.

31 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Hi @tyyyo, welcome to the forum.

That doesn't look like it's a workflow-specific problem. It looks more like a problem with the software you're using to sync Alfred's preferences.

If your other workflows are working okay, re-installing this workflow should fix your problem.

Thanks deanishe!

I am currently storing the preferences locally.

Re-installing doesn't seem help either (Tried previous versions as well).

Thanks a lot anyways, appreciate it!

4 hours ago, deanishe said:

The workflow is configured to update exchange rates at a frequency that won't exceed 250 calls/month. The rates may be a few hours out-of-date as a result.

Ahh fantastic, thank you! Fixer is still much more accurate than the default rate was, so this is fine.

Thanks again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2021 at 7:38 AM, tyyyo said:

Hey there I am new to this. When I type "ca" on Alfred it gives me "Unable to run task" with launch path not accessible.

How do I go about it?

image.thumb.png.7a1af25cf79ed01da4d3f4d7f8353cd3.png

I second this problem. I have multiple other workflows that work no problem. Tried deleting and installing, reinstalling, older versions and the problem still stands. 

On 7/16/2021 at 6:02 AM, Diogo Ribeiro said:

I second this problem. I have multiple other workflows that work no problem. Tried deleting and installing, reinstalling, older versions and the problem still stands. 

same here... used to work then all of a sudden.

Amazing workflow, would love to get it working again.

Reason: launch path not accessible

It's likely that the folder required to run this task has somehow been deleted, perhaps syncing?

This error isn't that serious, just try again :)

Related Workflow Info...

Name: 'Calculate Anything'

Edited by fddc

@fddc @Diogo Ribeiro  i use the workflow every day and it's working correctly, i really have no idea what that problem is. You could try removing all the workflow configuration (see attached file) and remove everything inside ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Workflow Data/com.alfred.calculateanything once everything is removed make sure to download the latest version from Releases · biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything (github.com)

CleanShot 2021-07-18 at 20.21.38.png

@biati Thank you for your suggestion. Unfortunately no luck.

However, I think this is my issue and not a workflow problem. I have a MacBook running MacOS 12 B3 and this one gets the error. Last night I was able to try on another Mac that has my Alfred synced and the workflow seems to work fine on MacOS 11 latest release.

Sorry for getting you to troubleshoot what is likely a beta error ??

Edit * My other workflows work fine on both OS.

Edited by fddc
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This is really great )

But the crypto conversion only seems to work when starting with crypto...

For example '0.5 eth to usd' works fine...but '500 usd to eth' doesn't work.

Or is there a way to get that result?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

I use this workflow all the time, I love it—thanks!

One little question: Does anyone know a way to input a negative number? For example, I wanted to know what -22º F is in Celsius but as soon as I enter the - the workflow doesn't recognize it as a unit. Can I escape it somehow with quotation marks or something?  Not a big deal because it doesn't come up very often and honestly if I just hit enter then google will do the conversion for me. But I was just wondering if there's a way I could do it within the workflow.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for building that, it really looks fantastic. Do you plan on making the necessary adjustments for the workflow to work on the beta version of Mac OS Monterey or do I have to wait for Apple to release the full version? Now that I've made the switch it's hard to come back, but I'd love to be able to use your workflow.

hi @itsmevictor i can't upgrade to Monterey as it's still a beta and i use my computer for work so can't risk to upgrade and find out that some of the apps i use do not work correctly. Also, as deanishe mentioned, this does not seem to be an error with the workflow, another user sent me some screenshots and there's no output in the console what makes me think that Alfred it's not running the workflow at all. We'll have to wait for a final version of Monterey to make some tests.

On 9/9/2021 at 6:16 PM, biati said:

hi @itsmevictor i can't upgrade to Monterey as it's still a beta and i use my computer for work so can't risk to upgrade and find out that some of the apps i use do not work correctly. Also, as deanishe mentioned, this does not seem to be an error with the workflow, another user sent me some screenshots and there's no output in the console what makes me think that Alfred it's not running the workflow at all. We'll have to wait for a final version of Monterey to make some tests.

yeah Apple aren't bundling php with MacOS from Monterey.

Alfred 4.6 Pre-release

Build 1263, Thursday 9th September 2021

Future macOS Support

• Improved handling of missing bin path when running a Workflow script

• Log debug info into the workflow debugger when relevant

• Add options on popup alert dialog to open or disable the relevant workflow when attempting to run

Check alternative homebrew install locations for bins when missing from default location

• e.g. homebrew installed php on macOS 12 will be found in either /opt/homebrew/bin/php (Apple Silicon) or usr/local/bin/php (Intel)

• Updated built-in Google and Amazon workflows by Vítor Galvão

• New workflows use ruby in place of php for default compatibility in macOS Monterey

• If you're using these workflows, delete them and re-install them from the Workflow > + > Getting Started menu

I'm testing this out now 

Using:

Apple Silicon Air.

MacOS 12 beta Monterey

Homebrew installed php
Results:

Success!

1683384213_2021-09-11at11_21.thumb.png.db007040e0fc02ff17631fd3802c5b8e.png

@biati @Pearcen@fddc I think that I have found a solution to have the workflow running on MacOS Monterey. As @Pearcensuggested, the problem seems to lie with MacOS Monterey not including PHP, thus preventing the workflow from running. I've downloaded PHP for MacOS Monterey using this Homebrew tap and the workflow is now running. 

EDIT: Actually, it seems to only be partially running. I'll look into it in greater depth later.

Edited by itsmevictor
Corrected my initial overly optimistic stance
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am new to this forum. I just bought my first mac. Alfred is great!

I installed this workflow. i know how to change the VAT %. It only works  for whole numbers.

I live in Quebec. The VAT (taxes) is 14.975%.  It only calculates 14% not 14.975%.

Is something i am not doing right?

Thanks

Alex

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/19/2021 at 8:24 AM, biati said:

@fddc @Diogo Ribeiro  i use the workflow every day and it's working correctly, i really have no idea what that problem is. You could try removing all the workflow configuration (see attached file) and remove everything inside ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/Workflow Data/com.alfred.calculateanything once everything is removed make sure to download the latest version from Releases · biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything (github.com)

CleanShot 2021-07-18 at 20.21.38.png

I have the same problem as @fddcand @Diogo Ribeiro as well. Launch path not accessible. I tried removing everything adding a new workflow from the latest version download, and the issue still persists. 

2019 Intel MBP 16"

MacOS 12.0.1

Alfred 4.6 [1266]

CA v3.0.2

Screen Shot 2021-10-28 at 10.51.07 AM.png

Edited by archelium
add screenshot