Only use modifier key as shortcut

In Alfred v1 I used the trick (given to me by the developers, but I can't recall how it worked) to specify only tapping the Command-key in order to bring up Alfred. Will that still be possible with v2 and if so, how to do this?

Thanks

Rob

In Alfred v1 I used the trick (given to me by the developers, but I can't recall how it worked) to specify only tapping the Command-key in order to bring up Alfred. Will that still be possible with v2 and if so, how to do this?

Thanks

Rob

This was a bit of a legacy hidden thing left in v1 which hasn't made it to v2 (which was created and rewritten from the ground up).

I have a dev ticket to look into alternatives for this during a v2.x release :)

Thanks

Rob

I know that you can currently use a double-tapped modifier key (e.g. hit ⌘ twice). No single-tapped modifier keys, though.

You can still use KeyRemap4MacBook:

<autogen>__KeyOverlaidModifier__ KeyCode::COMMAND_L, ModifierFlag::COMMAND_L | ModifierFlag::NONE, KeyCode::COMMAND_L, KeyCode::F19</autogen>

<autogen>__KeyOverlaidModifier__ KeyCode::COMMAND_R, ModifierFlag::COMMAND_R | ModifierFlag::NONE, KeyCode::COMMAND_R, KeyCode::F19</autogen>

<autogen>__KeyToKey__ KeyCode::COMMAND_R, KeyCode::F19</autogen>

This was a bit of a legacy hidden thing left in v1 which hasn't made it to v2 (which was created and rewritten from the ground up).

I have a dev ticket to look into alternatives for this during a v2.x release :)

Thanks Andrew, would love to see this feature being brought back to v2. It is very difficult to get used to another key sequence as I was using single Command-press with QuickSilver as well.

Thanks,

Rob