@Mr Pennyworth Hi there, I just found this amazing workflow but I was not sure if I had set it up properly. Here are the steps I took:

1. I downloaded the latest version of workflow(arm64, 0.2.17) and imported it into Alfred by double-clicking the file

2. I ran the .dict-import command in Alfred and chose the dictionary, e.g. New Oxford American Dictionary

However, I had been waiting for half an hour and there is no error/notification showed up whether the import is successful or failed. I doubled check this by typing lookup in Alfred and there was no dictionary showed up and I also checked the file by typing .dict-data and it seems that it was only 75.4MB instead of 442MB in the description.

image.thumb.png.7a6f44c99bbfcb0a534b320864fa09e7.png

Thanks a lot! Btw I am using apple silicon Mac

On 10/3/2024 at 11:40 AM, _wAht said:

@olivergiangvu Hi there, I am also new to this workflow. May I ask you how did you setup the workflow? Did you just:

1. Import the workflow into Alfred

2. Import the dictionary by running .dict-import in Alfred

3. The workflow runs properly now

Cuz for me after running the first two steps the dictionary was still not imported. Thanks!

Yes that the steps I follow.

Now before you try again, factory reset everything by 
CleanShot2024-10-05at09_22_47.png.94e2779e0b0d789d7c76f6a2189b762f.png

If it still not work, try ro restart the Mac.

@_wAht given that it has 75MB content, looks like some words were imported, but not all. Starting afresh could likely fix the problem. make sure you delete the com-apple-dictionary-NOAD folder and also the db folder, the db.log file, and the imported.json file.

If the issue remains, would be useful to share the debugger output https://www.alfredapp.com/help/workflows/advanced/debugger/, and the macOS version along with the report 😇