Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events workflow

Just a note as I couldn't get this to work and ended up here...

I had to go into settings by typing the ag command and choosing settings, then set my default calendar and default reminder list. It doesn't seem to be able to fetch a list of these, you have to type them in full and as they are in your calendar and reminder app.

This may well be documented, but I didn't find it and ended up here so thought I'd share for others in future who end up with the same user error ;).

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @rknightuk,

I'm running Sonoma and am unable to get this workflow to work. I can click 'allow anyway' on the unverified developer warning, but there appear no requests for the app to access either reminders or calendar, and, if I navigate in system settings to Privacy and Security > Reminders / Calendar, Agenda is listed in neither place.

If I enable debugging and attempt to see my upcoming reminders I get the following error:  

ERROR: Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Script Filter] Code 1: ./scripts/events/lists.js: execution error: Error: Error: You need to grant reminders access (1)

If I try to add a reminder, the following message appears (but there is no 'Post Notification'):

Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Run Script] Passing output 'You need to grant reminders access
' to Post Notification

Any fix? Or is this a Sonoma issue?

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
23 hours ago, danmancity said:

Sorry, could you expand on this for a noob, struggling to get it to work still!

Thanks

Yeah, unfortunately I’m having the same issue where while I’ve granted the Alfred app access to Reminders for the Mac privacy security settings (and then also turned off and on/restarting Alfred to try it again) it doesn’t seem to work. Also it still hasn’t asked for permissions regarding any calendar access so not sure how to grant it this as well (although not sure why reminders access is still not working even with access granted). 

In the Alfred workflow debugger I get the error: Code 1: ./scripts/reminders/lists.js: execution error: Error: Error: You need to grant reminders access (1)

Thank you in advance for any help with this!

I had the same problem. This is how I fixed it. I was not able to get the workflow to ask for Calendar permission, so I downloaded this workflow. I ran it once, it asked for calendar permission (Give it full access), then you can delete it since the permission is for Alfred.

After that, this work flow worked as expected.

PS: the reminders default list "To do" does not exist and it will now be created automatically. Either create it or change the default list to a list that exists e.g. Reminders

48 minutes ago, Hamidflacko said:

I had the same problem. This is how I fixed it. I was not able to get the workflow to ask for Calendar permission, so I downloaded this workflow. I ran it once, it asked for calendar permission (Give it full access), then you can delete it since the permission is for Alfred.

PS: the reminders default list "To do" does not exist and it will now be created automatically. Either create it or change the default list to a list that exists e.g. Reminders

That worked! Thank you so so much for the help! Truly appreciate it. 

23 hours ago, Hamidflacko said:

Worked a charm! Thanks so much for your time

• 4 weeks later...

Got the workflow to work with adding reminders using the tip from another thread on how to force permission for calendar to be added for Alfred (had to install another workflow and allow full access to calendar).

Although there is still one issue. I use the reminders widget in MacOS. But it does not update the reminders list when adding reminders with this workflow. It is only updated if I open the Reminders app, which kind of defeats the purpose of not having to by using the workflow.

Anyone has a solution to this? 

I'm trying to add a new event in the Calendar app. But "Create New Event" does not add any new event to Calendar. Below is debugger code. Anyone know why nothing is being added to calendar? Is it because name of calendar has not been specified?

I can get "Today Overview" and "Upcoming" to work fine.

[16:10:19.693] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[16:10:19.814] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[16:10:19.818] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Script Filter] {"items":[{"title":"Today Overview","arg":"today","uid":"today","icon":{"path":"icons/overview.png"},"variables":{"todayOnly":true}},{"title":"Upcoming","arg":"upcoming","uid":"upcoming","icon":{"path":"icons/overview.png"},"variables":{"todayOnly":false}},{"title":"Reminder Lists","arg":"reminder_lists","uid":"reminder_lists","icon":{"path":"icons/list.png"}},{"title":"Create New Reminder","arg":"reminder_create","uid":"reminder_create","icon":{"path":"icons/add.png"}},{"title":"Calendars","arg":"calendar_lists","uid":"calendar_lists","icon":{"path":"icons/calendar.png"}},{"title":"Create New Event","arg":"calendar_create","uid":"calendar_create","icon":{"path":"icons/add.png"}},{"title":"Manage Settings","arg":"settings","uid":"settings","icon":{"path":"icons/settings.png"}}]}
[16:10:20.888] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Script Filter] Processing complete
[16:10:20.889] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Script Filter] Passing output 'calendar_create' to Arg and Vars
[16:10:20.891] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Arg and Vars] Processing complete
[16:10:20.892] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Arg and Vars] Passing output '' to Conditional
[16:10:20.893] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Conditional] Processing complete
[16:10:20.894] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Conditional] Passing output '' to Call External Trigger
[16:10:20.896] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[External] Processing complete
[16:10:20.897] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[External] Passing output '' to Keyword
[16:10:25.899] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Keyword] Processing complete
[16:10:25.901] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Keyword] Passing output 'Lunch tomorrow 12 until 2 @ Nandos' to Conditional
[16:10:25.903] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Conditional] Processing complete
[16:10:25.904] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Conditional] Passing output 'Lunch tomorrow 12 until 2 @ Nandos' to Run Script
[16:10:26.064] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Run Script] Processing complete
[16:10:26.075] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Run Script] Passing output '' to Conditional
[16:10:26.076] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Conditional] Processing complete
[16:10:26.077] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Conditional] Passing output '' to Run Script
[16:10:26.488] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Run Script] Processing complete
[16:10:26.502] Agenda - Reminders and Calendar Events[Run Script] Passing output 'No reminders list matching Home - Robb
' to Post Notification

• 1 month later...

Folks I am retiring this workflow - I don't have the time to put into fixing the bugs, or the permissions issues, and frankly I just don't use it myself any more. 

The workflow will still be available in the same place but I won't be attempting to fix any of the existing issues.