Issue with Dynamic Placeholders in Copy to Clipboard

I'm trying to make a workflow to paste today's date. I tried creating a Keyword input connected to a Copy to Clipboard output with text set to {date}. When I run the workflow, it pastes {date} instead of the date.

Log:

[18:09:50.264] Logging Started...
[18:09:54.541] Paste today's date[Keyword] Processing complete
[18:09:54.544] Paste today's date[Keyword] Passing output '' to Copy to Clipboard

Workflow:

image.png.21e2a67e7303a835b84ee180bcf428d8.png

Keyword:

image.thumb.png.9da80ceaa4aff65b197df162b5d8635e.png

Copy to Clipboard:

image.thumb.png.6b1046bc1153a8928518e76f73ea8c62.png

@Daniel Heffernan Welcome to the forum :) May I ask why you don't just create a snippet for this, if your workflow is just a keyword to a dynamic text snippet expansion? You could then just type a shortcut (mine is "ddate") to paste today's date without first having to pop up Alfred.

In terms of your workflow, please click on the squiggly brackets button and check whether you've checked the "Ignore Dynamic Placeholders" option. This should not be checked (and isn't checked by default).

Screenshot 2021-10-08 at 10.32.45.png

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,
Vero

• 8 months later...

Hello Vero, I too want to do the same thing.  However, where do I find the dialogue box that you have in the Alfred preferences to use "ddate" to type the current "date"?  I'm sorry I didn't quite understand what you were doing there.  I realize that I should be creating a snippet, but it isn't working for me.  I am using Alfred 4.6.2.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-06-08 at 7.21.11 PM.png

Edited by Fourex70
To add screenshot

@Fourex70 Welcome to the forum :) 

The post above isn't about creating a simple snippet but rather including dynamic placeholders within a workflow's output.

If you want to create a regular snippet containing a dynamic placeholder (one that you trigger by typing a few letters, which then disappear and get replaced by the date automatically), make your way to Alfred's preferences > Features > Snippets.

There, you'll be able to create a snippet, and include the placeholders you need. 

More information about creating snippets here:

https://www.alfredapp.com/help/features/snippets/#creating-snippets

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,
Vero