Open current Safari tab in Chrome - Improved

:P

OK, I've made those changes and uploaded a new version behind the link in the first post. Apple's support for AppleScript is a bit patchy these days so I had to research a few workarounds (there's also an annoying bug which causes Safari to calculate the number of windows it has open incorrectly). Everything seems to be working OK, but test it out and let me know how you go :-)

It works like magic! You're amazing. I wanna have your babies.

I use these shortcuts.

Open in Chrome: ⌃ ⌥ ⌘  

Open in Safari: ⌃ ⌥ ⌘ 

They seem too long but actually very easy to use.

Thanks to you I'm blazing fast with my browser switching. Thanks a lot.

• 5 months later...

Hmm, that is strange. I'm not seeing that at my end. Unfortunately I don't have time to look into this right now so I'll have to ask you to hang tight for a bit. Please post here again every so often to remind me. I might have some time this weekend.

Strange to me, it used to work great. Just now it opens Chrome in Parallels Desktop....don't know why...is it because Chrome.app isn't running?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I haven't actually touched the workflow since my last post, I don't think. The version in the first post should be current. Is there something wrong with it? If so, please let me know and I'll do what I can I'm moderately busy and this little project isn't a priority so there may be a delay in fixing any issues, but I will try to sort something out if I can. 

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

Is it possible to adapt this workflow for Chromium? I see it refers to a open_in_chrome.scpt, but I don't know how or where to get and modify this?

Edit: sorry, I hadn't tried to use it and assumed the process would just use some code identification to find Chrome; as it is, the script asks for Chrome's location, i just chose Chromium and it works like a charm. 

Thanks a lot, very handy.

Edited by bhanquier
  • 4 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Not at all. Just gotta find time to do it :) I’ve put it on my todo list, but probably won’t get to it until next weekend at the earliest. Please free to do so yourself (but if you do I’d appreciate it if you linked to this thread from the readme).

19 hours ago, Subject22 said:

Not at all. Just gotta find time to do it :) I’ve put it on my todo list, but probably won’t get to it until next weekend at the earliest. Please free to do so yourself (but if you do I’d appreciate it if you linked to this thread from the readme).

Np I'll wait :)

• 3 months later...