Workflow Request

Hey. 
I am in need of a Universal Action workflow that takes the files that i have added to the buffer and copy it to the frontmost finder window. Anyone here knows of any workflow that can achieve this? Did tried creating one myself but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!!

Thanks for making me crazy trying to find a way to do this! 😀

Here is one way that seems to work:

2022-10-21_16-52-55.jpg.7008cf3ff88589db30ef2e317aa176e0.jpg

The first File Buffer action is set to add the passed-in files and output the File Buffer contents. The second File Buffer action is simply set to output the File Buffer contents.

However, there is one aspect of your workflow that puzzles me. When you run the workflow to select the files is that not going to be the frontmost Finder window for the purposes of the workflow—so that the files get copied into the same folder? (At least, that's what happens for me!)

Sorry if I've misunderstood anything.

Stephen

35 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

Thanks for making me crazy trying to find a way to do this! 😀

Here is one way that seems to work:

2022-10-21_16-52-55.jpg.7008cf3ff88589db30ef2e317aa176e0.jpg

The first File Buffer action is set to add the passed-in files and output the File Buffer contents. The second File Buffer action is simply set to output the File Buffer contents.

However, there is one aspect of your workflow that puzzles me. When you run the workflow to select the files is that not going to be the frontmost Finder window for the purposes of the workflow—so that the files get copied into the same folder? (At least, that's what happens for me!)

Sorry if I've misunderstood anything.

Stephen

I am not adding files to the buffer after opening the finder window. I am searching for the file in Alfred and then Option+Right Arrow to add the file to buffer while the folder where I want to copy the file is open as the frontmost finder window. 

5 minutes ago, Shahrukh said:

Still having the same issue. No files are getting copied still. Thanks for the help though

You need to understand file buffer and use it correctly, demo is no problem

ZTXHXF6.gif

Edited by Alan He
2 minutes ago, Alan He said:

You need to understand file buffer and use it correctly, demo is no problem

So I added 2 files to buffer by hitting option+up arrorw. Then for performing an action on them I hit option+right arrow. Universal action menu says do performing action on 2 files. If I perform "Copy to" action that is bundled in Alfred, it does copies those same files to another folder. Am I doing something wrong here in performing the action for this particular workflow?

6 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

One possible solution, then, is to try deleting the first two items in my sample workflow, trigger the remainder of the workflow with a hotkey and that should/might work (because the buffer will retain the files you have placed in it).

Stephen

This works great. Thanks