Hotkey for adding a file to Buffer

I'm not sure if your need is more complicated than this, but you can select a file in Finder then use your Universal Actions hotkey and one of the menu items that then appears in Alfred is Add File to Buffer.

If you want a specific hotkey to do only that you can create a workflow using a hotkey trigger and link that to the File Buffer action.

Stephen

3 hours ago, Stephen_C said:

I'm not sure if your need is more complicated than this, but you can select a file in Finder then use your Universal Actions hotkey and one of the menu items that then appears in Alfred is Add File to Buffer.

If you want a specific hotkey to do only that you can create a workflow using a hotkey trigger and link that to the File Buffer action.

Stephen

Yes i want to create a hotkey for doing just that without opening universal control. I tried with the file buffer action but it didn’t work

In the hotkey settings make sure the Action is "Pass through to workflow" and the Argument is "Selection in macOS". In the File Buffer action ensure you have checked "Add passed-in files to File Buffer".

Stephen

Edited by Stephen_C
Fix typo

@Shahrukh Here's the workflow you'll need to create, using as few as two objects :)

image.png

The first object takes your selected file, then passes it to the File Buffer - be sure to check out the two little notes I've added.

You can then connect a Post Notification to let you know it's been added, or you can show Alfred, etc as you prefer.

3 minutes ago, Vero said:

@Shahrukh Here's the workflow you'll need to create, using as few as two objects :)

image.png

The first object takes your selected file, then passes it to the File Buffer - be sure to check out the two little notes I've added.

You can then connect a Post Notification to let you know it's been added, or you can show Alfred, etc as you prefer.

Wasn't clicking on "Selection in macOS". Now works. Thanks Viro

• 1 year later...