Snippets that keep checkbox formatting in Apple Notes?

Hello, I use Snippets extensively, especially with Apple notes. One example is a meeting notes template which has various sections.

In one section I would like to insert the checkboxes from Apple Notes like this:

image.png.ae077c6ce9c16f45a861b76f1c964de5.png

However no matter what I try they always come through as normal bullet points

image.png.97146a20654ba2070414d4f0d489ac83.png

This is how it looks in Alfred's settings. It's a copy/paste from Apple Notes. Is there a better way I can achieve what I need?

Thanks!

image.thumb.png.84164ef78bdab6865a929d7f00fafebb.png

• 4 months later...

The problem is that those check list bullets are no ordinary unicode characters, but more complex custom objects internal to Apple Notes.

You'll notice that you can't even select them. If you copy a checklist, however, Apple Notes converts the checklist bullets to this markdown notation:- [ ]

Trying to expand those will however also not automatically convert them to the interactive checklist objects. I'm afraid that this won't work with regular text expansions.

You can however try to create a custom workflow that inserts your snippet and then dispatches some key combos (e.g. shift+cmd+←, shift+↑, shift+↑, shift+cmd+L). The last one is the Apple Notes shortcut for creating checklists.

NoteCmdr looks neat! Coincidentally, I just stumbled over another extension today the author wrote, and it looks like he is using Apple's Accessibility API to "hack" into Apple Notes. 

But it looks like nothing that fancy is necessary for your use case. I just tested the approach with dispatching key combos and it does the trick.

https://transfer.archivete.am/10YNHX/Test | Apple Notes Snippet.alfredworkflow

image.gif.57ff3397685a016a8160585541f42379.gif

@zeitlings This almost works perfectly, the only thing it's missing is the rich text formatting. i.e "To discuss" being a header, and any other text that I want as a subheader, or bolded for example.

Is there any way to add rich text into the "Argument", like how it's possible within a normal Snippet?

Thanks!

image.png.78475d960388af37025b1f7b191c6433.png