Use clipboard in Alfred

You mean is it possible to use Alfred to run a shortcut that does something with the copied text, right? Then the answer is yes, via the Run Shortcut object.

Copying text from images is also possible via an OCR workflow, so there is no need for an external application. By extending that workflow to feed the copied text into the shortcut, you should be able to do what you're trying to achieve.

Thanks for that although it's not quite what I'm after. I will try explain more clearly.

Guess the most common approach in Alfred is to press ⌥ + Spacebar, then type some text into the search bar. What I need is an iOS shortcut that does both of these steps.

So let's say I have copied "some text" to the clipboard. I need an iOS shortcut that performs the ⌥ + Spacebar keystroke and then inserts "some text" into the search bar for me.

Is this possible?

You can create a hotkey trigger with "Action: Show in Alfred" and "Argument: macOS Clipboard Contents". You can also choose where the cursor be after your clipboard content shows up in Alfred, I would put it to the left to trigger an action quickly.

image.thumb.png.2b68dc6818474016e9ab56f5bd3a4d9a.png