Automation Tasks - Screenshots issue

Hi there

I discovered this while using the OCR Workflow. 

I have tested this separately now and have realised the issue is with Automation Task - Screenshots

When I try to Screenshot text, instead of getting the screenshot of the text, a screenshot is being taken of my desktop image instead. 

This is happening on Alfred 5.5.

Please help! :D

Posted (edited)

Which of the three Screen Capture settings within the Automation Task are you using?

Edit: I ask only because I'm not currently able to reproduce your problem using macOS 14.5 and Alfred 5.5.

Stephen

Edited by Stephen_C
Clarification
2 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

Which of the three Screen Capture settings within the Automation Task are you using?

Edit: I ask only because I'm not currently able to reproduce your problem using macOS 14.5 and Alfred 5.5.

Stephen

I've tried everything force to clipboard and I do not get the window, i get the desktop.

image.png.b2c10b68c8811ffab0421b1988d0c6b3.png

Using Snagit I get this:

image.png.95b462d8b62ef8c83a3b736bcf449f23.png

Using Automation Tasks I get this:

image.png.643d6f662f620e9644d200b995befc8e.png

I mean which of these three settings is the Automation Task using:

CleanShot2024-05-20at15_41.26@2x.png.00a86c620e2f4b2b4cc0a742060c0c9d.png

I still cannot reproduce your problem. When I choose to send the screenshot to the clipboard that is where it goes.

What version of macOS are you using?

Stephen

2 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

I mean which of these three settings is the Automation Task using:

CleanShot2024-05-20at15_41.26@2x.png.00a86c620e2f4b2b4cc0a742060c0c9d.png

I still cannot reproduce your problem. When I choose to send the screenshot to the clipboard that is where it goes.

What version of macOS are you using?

Stephen

Sorry, I am using Interactive.

1 minute ago, DrSirius said:

Sorry, I am using Interactive.

That was exactly what I used when I was unable to reproduce the problem. You did not reply to my question about your macOS version.

Stephen

6 minutes ago, Stephen_C said:

That was exactly what I used when I was unable to reproduce the problem. You did not reply to my question about your macOS version.

Stephen

Sonoma 14.5 (14.5 (23F79)) I see everyone else managing to use the OCR workflow that uses this and seems I am the only one reporting this issue. :(

When you first take a screenshot with the Automation Task, macOS asks if you want to give Alfred permission to record the screen. This is unavoidable, the Automation Task uses Apple’s own screencapture tool. If you refuse the permission, only the Desktop is saved in screenshots.

Go to System Settings → Privacy & Security → Screen & System Audio Recording, and enable Alfred there.

11 hours ago, vitor said:

When you first take a screenshot with the Automation Task, macOS asks if you want to give Alfred permission to record the screen. This is unavoidable, the Automation Task uses Apple’s own screencapture tool. If you refuse the permission, only the Desktop is saved in screenshots.

Go to System Settings → Privacy & Security → Screen & System Audio Recording, and enable Alfred there.

Thank you sooooooooo much Vitor! That worked, Much, much apprecaited! Have a great day.