Ayai · GPT Nexus - ChatGPT, Claude, Gemini, Perplexity, Local LLMs

This is by far one of the best and probably my favorite workflow for alfred. I am a medical student and while doing anki, I need my questions answered in a specific context. I used to use google but it wasn't sufficient as it always gives sources that generalise the answer. I switched to Chatgpt but it was always a hassle to open a browser window, login again (sometimes), and wait for interface to load up (not to mention the occasional errors while generating the repsonse) . I came across this by chance. After configuring this workflow and finally having it up and running, I must say this is a literal quality of life improvement. Please continue maintaining it. 

Suggestion: An option to make the text in chat interface larger or smaller will be a very nice and welcome addition since it becomes difficult to read small text in certain alfred themes.

Hey @quantumfrost00

Thanks for the kind words! 

4 hours ago, quantumfrost00 said:

Suggestion: An option to make the text in chat interface larger or smaller will be a very nice and welcome addition since it becomes difficult to read small text in certain alfred themes.

Note that you have some control over the text size:

On 8/17/2024 at 2:08 PM, zeitlings said:

At the bottom of the configuration you can find a section called "Accessibility" where the text size can be changed. 

image.png.f62de60145a59da529166d99a3df6d9c.png

The available sizes are enforced by Alfred's text view and cannot be customized further. 

Generally, the look of the text view is determined by your current theme, i.e. changes in color or font size there will be reflected in the Ayai chat window. 

Unfortunately, ad hoc changes to the theme of a specific object (such as the text view used for the chat window), without affecting the theme everywhere else, is currently not possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @zeitlings,

I've configured the plugin, set up the ChatGPT API Key, and I've configured a hotkey for "Inference Actions," but when I select any option, Alfred just closes and nothing happens. I tried with the selection option and clipboard option; I also tried to change the models, but still nothing. 🤔 I'm pretty sure the API Key is correct as I used it in other projects.

PS Cool theme, do you mind sharing it also? 😄

Edited by jpomykala

Hey @jpomykala

Could you share the output of Alfred's Debugger Utility? Also, keep the behaviour and prerequisites in mind:

On 8/21/2024 at 10:46 AM, zeitlings said:

The results will be either streamed, pasted or copied to the clipboard. The default behaviour can be set via the Generate configuration option or selected en passant via the key modifier combinations. Ayai will make sure that the frontmost application accepts text input before streaming or pasting anything, and will simply copy the result to the clipboard if it does not. This requires accessibility access, which you may need to grant in order to use inference actions.

If you're using the Hotkey or Universal Action in a text editor, the results may be streamed or pasted, depending on your configuration. Otherwise the result will (at the moment silently) be copied to the clipboard. In that case, try to just paste with cmd+v after a while. 

1 hour ago, jpomykala said:

I'm pretty sure the API Key is correct as I used it in other projects.

If normal conversations via the chat window work, you can be sure that the API Key is valid.

1 hour ago, jpomykala said:

PS Cool theme, do you mind sharing it also? 😄

Sure, I'll export and upload it somewhere in a bit.

Available: here.

Edited by zeitlings
Themes