linkding Bookmarks - Search linkding bookmarks in Alfred

I love Alfred's built-in Web Bookmarks feature, but the Safari and Chrome bookmark sources have gotten a little limiting for me. As a user of multiple browsers, I found the self-hosted linkding to be a really useful alternative for managing bookmarks. This workflow draws from Alfred's built-in bookmarks feature, instead syncing with linkding and adding some additional cool features! This is definitely a niche way to manage and use bookmarks, but I hope other people find it useful too!

⤓ Download | Source

Workflow icon linkding Bookmarks

Usage

Search for your linkding bookmarks using the bm keyword.
keywordSmall.png.3cff8b64cc2cee47bcc606904dd9a737.png

Type to refine your search. Bookmarks are always filtered by title, while filtering by description, URL, and tags is configurable from the Workflow’s Configuration.

tagFilterSmall.png.8bdb40e4829e0c406679e5d4470ba1de.png

• ↩: Open bookmark in primary browser
  • ⌘↩: Open bookmark in secondary browser
  • ⌘C: Copy bookmark URL
  • ⌥↩: Edit bookmark in linkding
  • ⌃↩: Delete bookmark from linkding

Append :: to the configured Keyword to access other actions, including manually reloading the bookmark cache. You can also change the default browser settings from here without using the Workflow’s Configuration.

inlineSettingsSmall.png.3e03f6b5267126779a4a65041b99222d.png
Enable bookmark auto-updates from the Workflow’s Configuration. Bookmarks will reload upon Workflow Trigger. See a timestamp of the last successful reload from the other actions as shown in the image above.

Configure the Hotkey as a shortcut to search for your bookmarks. Use the Universal Action to bookmark URLs from Alfred’s Clipboard History or selected text.

Bookmarks with the tag Exclude-Alfred will be hidden from search. This tag is case sensitive.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...