Moby Games workflow

18 hours ago, philocalyst said:

Would you consider adding a fallback search option? Mainly for when the API is being slow, the ability to open it in the traditional Moby search would be comforting to me.

Is this what Alfred calls a fallback search? TBH I've never used that in a workflow.

1 minute ago, gingerbeardman said:

Is this what Alfred calls a fallback search?

Quoting from the documentation:

Fallback searches are the list of search options you see when you search for a keyword that doesn't match a result on your local Mac.

You can also add them as a specific trigger from your workflow. Which makes sense in some cases: e.g. in the Google Drive and 1Password workflows I set them up because it allows for another way to interact with local data which depends on the rest of the workflow. But when you’re using them just to open a web search, like in this case, setting them up outside the workflow will achieve the same effect as having them inside.

8 minutes ago, gingerbeardman said:

TBH I've never used that in a workflow.

Alfred can do so much that it’s likely we all use a different set of all features. Even in the examples above, in at least one of the cases (maybe both?) I’m pretty sure I added Fallback Searches because someone asked for it. And they do make sense (and are easy to add), it’s just that the way my brain thinks about it, I tend to gravitate towards other triggers. Though from observation alone I can say some people really like Fallback Searches.