REQ: WHOIS Tool for Latest Alfred (old ones are mostly broken)

Thanks for the quick reply!  Ideally, i bring up Alfred and type whois "ip address" and get full details of the domain be it from arin, lacnic etc. If that's too much, whois arin "ip address" I must do this minimum 5 times a day as an admin and would be so grateful to have it in alfred so i could then copy out the abuse contact (often sadly hidden in europe) and as a bonus, it would be heaven (for a nonrelligious type) to have this open and email but I can always copy/paste as i do now. 

We can help you better if you’re a bit more specific. What are the exact commands you type in the terminal (you can use any IP as the example) and what’s the information you take from it?

Have you checked the above links on constructing the workflow?

Incidentally, I actually started a workflow just a few weeks ago for performing WHOIS lookups which I eventually plan to share. It uses the built-in "whois" shell command and nicely formats the data into Markdown for viewing with Alfred's Text View. Currently, it's got a toggleable summary at the top with all the raw WHOIS data at the bottom. The summary includes basic domain and contact information and automatically excludes redacted data. Here's a screenshot of the markdown it currently generates, let me know if you have any feedback on the summary and any other functional features you think the workflow should have:Screenshot2024-06-27at12_28_19PM.thumb.png.4ecc12797ac30ef8dca39fc93830107b.png

15 minutes ago, FireFingers21 said:

Incidentally, I actually started a workflow just a few weeks ago for performing WHOIS lookups which I eventually plan to share. It uses the built-in "whois" shell command and nicely formats the data into Markdown for viewing with Alfred's Text View. Currently, it's got a toggleable summary at the top with all the raw WHOIS data at the bottom. The summary includes basic domain and contact information and automatically excludes redacted data. Here's a screenshot of the markdown it currently generates, let me know if you have any feedback on the summary and any other functional features you think the workflow should have:Screenshot2024-06-27at12_28_19PM.thumb.png.4ecc12797ac30ef8dca39fc93830107b.png

This would be fabulous. 90% of the time i'm trying to get the abuse contact to report PHISHING etc. but the other info I use on occasion as well.