Shazam (Identify music)

🤔 Introduction

• Easily identify music using Shazam directly from Alfred with this workflow.

🚀 Installation

• Install ⤓ Shazam Workflow in the Github repo.
  • When running the script for the first time, you will be prompted to download an Apple Shortcut.

🔧 Workflow Variables

• The output can be adjusted to either "Notification" or "Large Type".
  • Option to copy the music title to clipboard with a checkbox.

🔄 Usage

• Type "shazam" in Alfred while the song is playing and wait for the results.

📝 Notice

• This workflow has been tested on macOS Sonoma.

Source (Github)

• 2 weeks later...

Live in the Gallery at https://alfred.app/workflows/svenko99/shazam/

On 7/1/2024 at 7:47 PM, svenko99 said:

If you have any other suggestions, let me know!

I do have one: currently the notification shows two lines, Alfred 5 at the top and then Artist Name - Music Name. Instead, I think it’d look better and clearer to have the artist name at the top and the music name at the bottom (or vice-versa). You can use the Split Arg Utility to quickly separate the output into two variables that you can then use in the notification.

On 7/16/2024 at 6:04 PM, vitor said:

Live in the Gallery at https://alfred.app/workflows/svenko99/shazam/

I do have one: currently the notification shows two lines, Alfred 5 at the top and then Artist Name - Music Name. Instead, I think it’d look better and clearer to have the artist name at the top and the music name at the bottom (or vice-versa). You can use the Split Arg Utility to quickly separate the output into two variables that you can then use in the notification.

Thank you for putting the workflow in the Gallery! I've updated it to improve the notification format. 

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dood said:

This workflow is awesome! Would it be possible to have the workflow write each Shazam'd song to a "History" file?

Released version 1.2 that has Shazam history. Just type "shazam history" in Alfred, and you will get the titles of "shazamed" music. 😃

15 minutes ago, vitor said:

@svenko99 You have a typo in the keyword. It says histroy instead of history. Also, the rickrolling is a funny idea, but given that there should be a way to delete entries from the history.

Thanks for pointing that out! I’ve fixed the typo and added an option to delete entries from the history. Turns out "histroy" was my dyslexia showing off. 😅