Adjusting Move To... Universal Action

I absolutely love the "Move To..." Universal Action for files — makes it really easy to crunch through my Downloads folder periodically and put things away! However, when Alfred brings up the list of destination folders, I can only see the name of the folder itself, and not the path. This is a problem as I often have more than one folder with the same name — for instance, more than one folder named "GIF" depending on which project or topic it's associated with. Since I can't see which GIF folder the Move action will use as the destination, I just have to cross my fingers and hope it's right. (I attached a screenshot to show what I'm talking about.)

Is there a way to adjust the "Move To..." display to also show the path of the target folder?

move-to-shot.png

Welcome to the forum.

Are you sure you're using the Move to… Universal Action? It looks to me as though you're chosing, in some way, to open a selected file (and, in this case, perhaps being shown the default app for opening that file).

Certainly when I use Alfred's Move to… UA I see full path names both for the file selected (at the top of the window under the file name) and the full path of any folder selected in the window (shown at the bottom of the pane.)

It may be helpful to confirm what versions of Alfred and macOS you are using.

Stephen

Hmmm, that's odd. This is Sonoma 14.5, with Alfred 5.5 (build 2257). I'm pretty sure that's what I'm using, as it's the only thing I have bound to the F3 key. In case it clears anything up, that screenshot is from the second step in that process: highlight the file and hit F3, and I get the menu in the attached screenshot — I then select "Move To..." and I get the resulting menu I presented earlier.

Is it possible it's affected by what theme I'm using?

CleanShot 2024-07-01 at 15.53.02.png

4 minutes ago, castillar said:

Is it possible it's affected by what theme I'm using?

Well, there's an easy way to check that: just switch to one of the default themes and see if there's any change.

This is an example of what I see (with my user name redacted):

Move.thumb.png.8f8aba005ca0bda5cf4205e579065233.png

Stephen

Aha, I should have thought of the theme sooner — yep, it's the theme. I suspect the text is there, but the same color as the window. I'll play around with it and see if I can get it fixed up.

Thanks!