Data from 1Password Safari extension not ignored

Posted (edited)

Hi,

I have 1password (app) and 1password for safari added to the list of ignored apps for my clipboard history. However 1password data copied from the 1password safari extension is not ignored and appears in my Alfred clipboard. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Regards,

Reinier

Edited by rebdeg
  • rebdeg changed the title to Data from 1Password Safari extension not ignored

@rebdeg Could you please provide your Diagnostics file, which you can get by typing "?diagnostics" into Alfred? You can then email them to our info@ email address, including a link back to this thread, I'll take a look at your configuration :)

Cheers,
Vero

@rebdeg Thanks for your help by email. 

After investigation, we can see that the 1PW 8 browser plugin does not identify its data as Concealed, which a password app should 100% do. In addition, the data appears as being copied from Safari rather than the extension or 1Password app, so third-party apps like Alfred are unable to identify this as coming from the 1PW 8 or Safari plugin included in your Ignore list.

I'll be reporting this directly to 1Password as it's a significant security issue on their part, but I would encourage you to do the same.

Cheers,
Vero