Modify Alfred to search Brave Browser instead of Chrome for "Web Bookmarks"

Posted (edited)

I use Brave Browser instead of Chrome. Every time i check the "Search Chrome Bookmarks" box it unchecks itself.

Is there anyway to modify/remap Alfred so that it sees my Brave Browser as Chrome? I prefer not to keep a copy of Chrome just so Alfred can search my bookmarks. Without it the box unchecks itself and makes the feature unusable.

I would like the option to have Brave Browser as a 3rd option in Alfred.

image.png.75160b604fd14395727e2177c87c29ad.png

Edited by GatorMapi
26 minutes ago, GatorMapi said:

I use Brave Browser instead of Chrome. Every time i check the "Search Chrome Bookmarks" box it unchecks itself.

Is there anyway to modify/remap Alfred so that it sees my Brave Browser as Chrome? I prefer not to keep a copy of Chrome just so Alfred can search my bookmarks. Without it the box unchecks itself and makes the feature unusable.

I would like the option to have Brave Browser as a 3rd option in Alfred.

image.png.75160b604fd14395727e2177c87c29ad.png

After having searched around a found a workaround to emulate Firefox's 'search tabs' and 'search history' feature with 2 workflows

To emulate Firefox's history search feature '^' I used this workflow and swapped 'bh' with ^

https://github.com/Acidham/chromium-hist-bookmarks

To emulate Firefox's tab search feature '%' I used this workflow and changed 'brave tabs' to %

https://github.com/epilande/alfred-browser-tabs

These two workflows make more sense than downloading Chrome just to have Alfred's bookmark search ability or use Applescript to copy a Brave bookmark into Chrome.

Finally I disabled the "Web Bookmarks" feature in Alfred because the workflows do the job

Hope this helps other =)

image.png

Screen Shot 2024-07-05 at 7.54.32 PM.png

image.png