Trigger the insertion of a snippet from within a workflow?

Hello Alfred peeps,

I know you can use a snippet to trigger a workflow… but I want to go the other way around…

I want to trigger the insertion of a snippet from within my workflow.

I can't work out how to do this, anyone have any tips for me?

Thanks ☺️

Ah okay so I just tried this out and I'm running into a hurdle with my desired outcome.

I want to set the name of the snippet being referenced via an incoming query. Something like this:

{snippet:{query}}

But this doesn't expand the snippet, the resulting text output being "{snippet:my-query-text}".

Is there any way around this?

Actually, in my defence 

“Note Alfred does not recursively embed snippets. If the snippet you are including also contains a {snippet:} placeholder, this secondary placeholder will not be resolved.”

I don’t think this actually explains what you have taught me here very well. The statement reads as though it is only relevant to situations where one would put a snippet inside another snippet- which in my case wasn’t required. I understand the depths of Alfred require some prior knowledge, but this one escaped me.

To be clear, the previous comment wasn’t a dig or anything like that. I.e. I never mention it in the sense of “you should’ve read the docs” but always as “you can read the docs if you want/need a more in-depth explanation of what I explained”. I just want that to be crystal clear, especially because I know you do read the documentation.

Also, I agree that explanation isn‘t as clear to the situation as I initially thought. I’ll ruminate on it. Thank you for pointing that out.

You’re always so helpful Vitor, I didn’t detect any malice in your comment.

I just felt a bit sensitive or “pride-hurt” worrying I should have been able to work it out for myself having read the link- but swifly rallied when I re-read the passage and it still wasn’t clear. I shouldn’t have used the term ‘in my defence’ and rather just pointed out the text I struggled with.

You’re one of my favourite internet strangers, and I appreciate your work so much, thank you for everything!