How to open Alfred search field via menu bar?

Hi there,

A friend of mine switched to Alfred. 💪🏻😎 I have added Alfred to his Dock, so the search field immediately shows up. However he is used to open Spotlight by clicking on the menu bar icon. I can’t find option to open Alfred’s search field via menu bar without clicking Toggle Alfred? It feels like an unnecessary step.

Is it possible to add Alfred search to the menu bar control settings? Any good workaround?

@howdytom You could use an app like Menu Bar Dock. Adding Alfred to the "Regular Apps" list and setting the "Max Number of Running Apps" slider to 0 will mimick the one-click behaviour of the Spotlight Menu Bar module. Alfred doesn't have this built in, as its Menu Bar module requires two clicks.

Although to really take advantage of the benefits and capabilities of Alfred, your friend should probably try training a hotkey to muscle memory. A lot of people just like to remap Spotlight's default ⌘+Space hotkey to activate Alfred instead. Since Alfred is a text-based app, activating it from the keyboard is a lot faster than using your mouse/trackpad to find and click a button on the screen.