Ability to change font size in "Large Type"

I use this object a lot, but don't want it occupying so much screen space when it triggers. Should also have some text styling. Something like HUD in BetterTouchTool. 

Example HUD/Large Type:

image.thumb.png.ea004a987e75d14c078a63146a9a3b37.png

image.png

Posted (edited)

@FireFingers21 Thanks. But I'm asking for configurable text size.

See how much screen space "CC" takes with Large Type. Compare it to the screenshot I posted in the original post. 

image.png

Also I've already set the fit to text setting. Still the default font size if too big

image.png.4c83e3f6548413732b731799a9c7a5d0.png

Edited by andy4222

Gotcha, I too would love a configurable maximum font size for the Large Type, as I don't currently see a way to configure anything more than the font type.

@Andrew After a quick search, I found at least half a dozen forum posts, including one from 2013 that you commented in asking for this. In that post, you said the Large Type feature is not going to change, but would a configurable max font size be out of the question? In its current state, sometimes it feels like "Large Type" would be more aptly titled "Gigantic Type", which isn't always ideal.

Edited by FireFingers21

On 7/27/2024 at 7:11 AM, FireFingers21 said:

would a configurable max font size be out of the question?

I'll add an internal ticket. I'm currently working on a 32" screen, and do agree that the large type can get pretty gigantic.