Can't connect remote to mac mini

Mac mini. 16gb running Sonoma 14.6.1

1. Are both your Mac and iOS device on the same wifi network? (Include IP addresses, subnet and router address listed on both devices)

same

mini  10.1.10.31 / 10.1.10.1  / 255.255.255.0 /iphone 14 pro. os 17.6.1.  10.1.10.106 / 255.255.255.0. / 10.1.10.1   Firewall is off

2. What kind of network is it? (home, office, university, etc?). Office network.  

3. Did you try restarting both your Mac and iOS device?   YES

Can't get it connected.  It was connected to an older device (in this office) but I deleted it

4. When you go to the "Add iOS Remote" step on your Mac, can your iOS device see the Mac at all? YESimage.thumb.png.d0e806257381e73cba1b922d6e970e5b.png

5. Are you running anything that could block connections? (i.e. Little Snitch, NetBarrier, firewall settings on your Mac or network). NO

@BobM You need to explicitly authorize your phone to connect to Alfred. On the Remote settings screen, your phone should be listed in the sidebar on the right. If not, you need to tap "Add" in the phone app and "Add iOS Remote" in Alfred. If your Mac doesn't show up automatically on your phone, tap the "Direct" button. The Host and Port are the IP address and port number in parentheses at the top of the aforementioned sidebar in Alfred.

You'll be asked to type in a Passphrase, after which you should be able to use Alfred Remote.

Edited by FireFingers21

I finally got the app to be recognized and I entered the passphrase.  But now when I click the system page and click screensaver, or lock, or show trash, nothing happens.  Any idea.  see below

image.thumb.png.a79fcebfb27f80e907e7fd7495a2e431.png

2024-08-1915_20_29.thumb.jpeg.827cb5d8ad8d1c5c7f9bd7e3b1f03e8c.jpeg

@BobM As well as following @FireFingers21's excellent tips so far, could you open the Applications tab in your Remote and try launching an app? This requires slightly less permissions so will allow you to confirm whether *any* actions are being correctly communicated and launched on your Mac :) We can then take it from there with the system commands.