Alfred Notes.app

Alfred-notes-workflow

This Alfred Workflow helps you use the Notes.app more easily. Here's how it works:

• Search Notes: Search through your notes without opening the Notes app. The results appear in a list. Once you find the note you want, you can open it directly from Alfred.

• Create New Notes: Create a new note right from Alfred. Just type what you want to save, and it will automatically be added to the Notes app.

Installation

Download the latest version of the Alfred Notes Workflow from the Releases page.

2 hours ago, FireFingers21 said:

Out of curiosity, is the goal of your workflow different from what this other workflow already does?

One difference I see right off the bat is that this one does not have an unsigned binary. So even if the goal ends up being the same, that different tradeoff would make it appealing to someone. And it uses GUI configuration, which you in particular (as the maker of very good configs) might appreciate.

@rzagreb I do have a few suggestions for quick improvements, on a first glance:

Those are all small things (expected from a 0.0.1!) that tidying up will improve on stability and general feel.

Welcome to the forum! And thank you for sharing.

Thank you for the review and the helpful advice!

Out of curiosity, is the goal of your workflow different from what this other workflow already does?

My goal was to create a very streamlined version of notes that relies solely on built-in Apple features, without requiring any third-party dependencies.

I wasn’t aware of some of these Alfred features before, so I really appreciate the suggestions! I’ve implemented most of your recommendations, but ran into some issues when using argv instead of {query}, so I decided to stick with {query} for now.

@rzagreb Nice! Looking forward to seeing the workflow evolve!

Also, I was able to get argv working by modifying the beginning of your script filter code like so:

function run(argv) {
    ObjC.import('stdlib');

const app = Application('Notes');
    const query = argv[0].toLowerCase();
    const notes = app.notes.whose({ name: { _contains: query } })();

I added argv as an argument to the run() function and replaced '{query}' in your variable declaration to argv[0].