Quick File Access

Quickly access recent files, files with a specific tag, files in the current window, files in the Downloads-folder, or trashed files.

Usage

• Search for recently modified files in your home folder and iCloud documents with the keyword rec. (Searching for recent files was always a weak point on macOS.)
  • Access files in your Downloads-folder via dl.
  • Search for files in the front Finder window via win.
  • Access files you have assigned a Finder tag of your choice via tag.
  • Look for files in your Trash with trash.

For all fives cases, you can change the keyword in the workflow configuration or set a hotkey.

The following actions are available for all searches:

• ⏎: Open the file.
  • ⌘⏎: Move the file to your front Finder window.
  • ⌥⏎: Reveal the file in Finder.
  • ⌃⏎: Copy the file to the clipboard.

➡️ https://github.com/chrisgrieser/alfred-quick-file-access

Pastedimage2024-09-26at17_48.15@2x.thumb.png.7a7b670bd049d90f5e9a855c8d2fd588.png

@pseudometa this workflow is really wonderful, but i'm running into one issue with the 'rec' search. I'm attaching the debugger output below

[16:35:02.168] Logging Started...
[16:35:04.307] Quick File Access[Script Filter] Queuing argument '(null)'
[16:35:04.496] Quick File Access[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished
[16:35:04.502] ERROR: Quick File Access[Script Filter] Code 1: /Volumes/dbox v3/Dropbox (Personal)/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.158EEE04-EFE7-43C0-A2BD-AA67E1E91B23/scripts/file-finder.js: execution error: Error: Error: sh: rg: command not found (127)

all of the other commands work as intended.

you know what -- i thought i did and I see why it failed..... i copied and pasted from the instructions and they have and extra 'r' 

brew install ripgrrep

and i tabbed away from my terminal before i was prompted with did you mean ripgrep.

Edited by sepulchra

Hey pseudo — this is very cool. Is there a reason you decided to use `ls` as opposed to `rg` for the custom folder command? I was expecting that command to return files, not folders, so when I first used it I was a little confused.

I tested this out by copying line 68 to line 73 in the file-finder.js script and got the results I was expecting, so I was just curious about your thought process here and if I'm doing something that might have consequences down the line. Thanks so much for your work on this!