Unable to delete snippets

1. Go to Alfred Preferences → Features → Snippets
  2. Try to delete one snippet either via contextual menu or the minus icon at the bottom of the list
  3. Confirm your choice in the pop up confirmation by clicking on "Delete"

The snippet is still there afterwards. I tried restarting Alfred. Still the same issue.
The edit function works as expected. Just can't delete.

Alfred 5.5.1 [2273]
MacOS 14.6.1 (23G93)

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have the prefs offline (iCloud → Optimize Mac Storage → off)

l double checked I had all the permissions from the General → Request Permissions... in Alfred.

Maybe I missed it, but I didn't see any solution in the linked post besides doing "Show Package Contents" on the prefs file and deleting the json file for the snippet manually, which does work, so that's a good short term workaround, but I wouldn't call that a solution.

Thanks!

@The Real Yann The inability to delete snippets/collections from iCloud most likely indicates permissions issues in iCloud itself.

A good way to clear this up is to go to Alfred's Advanced preferences and temporarily set your sync location to ~/Alfred/ - In other words, create a folder in your root user folder, which isn't synced via iCloud).

Next, create a fresh new folder location in iCloud - By creating a this folder, it should allow new permissions to be set and make it possible to delete snippets normally.

Let us know how you get on :) 

Moving the prefs locally fixed the issue. Moving them back to iCloud in a brand new folder made the problem come back.

I'm gonna have to let this go for now… I don't have time to look more into it right now. I don't delete snippets that often, so it's not a huge deal. Maybe it will fix itself when I update macOS. But, as far as I'm concerned, this is a legitimate bug… Alfred should at the very least output some kinda of error message. The fact that it acts like it did what it was supposed to even though it didn't is in itself a bug.

Anyway, thanks for your help!