CookedWiki - Open Recipes in a clear and scalable format.

I recently found out about cooked.wiki as a way to preview any recipe URL without scrolling through paragraphs of backstory people usually prepend to their recipes. With cooked.wiki, you can also scale up the recipe and tick off ingredients/steps as needed. From this, I created a workflow that either grabs the recipe URL from the current webpage open, or accepts a URL as an argument to then open this through cooked.wiki. You can find this release available to import into Alfred: Here

Usage:

Open up Recipes in an easy to read format with

cook

To use this tool, either have the website with the recepie URL on in Chrome/Safari, then type 'cook' to automatically grab the url and generate the recipie. Or manually enter the url with

cook <url>

Changelog:

• V1.0.0 (22nd October 2024) - Created workflow. Added support for Chrome and Safari.

Feedback

By far the best way to give me feedback is to submit an issue on GitHub. Alternatively, just reply to this post.

Welcome @CopperEye,

Thank you for sharing. A few tips and tricks:

2 hours ago, CopperEye said:

without scrolling through paragraphs of backstory people usually prepend to their recipes

@CopperEye I was just thinking today how nice it would be to be able to get to the contents of a recipe without having to battle pop-overs, ads and backstory about their grandmother's garden... so thank you for that workflow 🤣

Nice, quick changes! I also like the decision you made of opening a new tab when given a URL but replacing the current tab when using the browser. Good thinking.

A few more things I noticed after the changes:

• The Description is long and explains how to use the workflow. That field is just for a small overview. Instructions go in the About (where you added the changelog).
  • The Website field is meant to be the website for your workflow, rather than the service.
  • Similarly, the Bundle Id should relate to you as the creator.
  • With the changes you made, you don’t need the Prepend to Lines Automation Tasks or the Transform, you can just have the Open URL and the Change Current Front Browser Tab URL Automation Task to open https://cooked.wiki/{query}.

I’ll send you a PR shortly with these suggestions.