Multiple Screen Settings Not Working

I've tried each of "mouse screen" and "active screen" (I'm running 10.9.4) and neither seem to work. Sometimes right after I change the setting, things are ok, but maybe depending on the apps I'm running, or something else, Alfred stops appearing on my external monitor and it goes back to only displaying on the laptop (the default) despite my mouse being on the external (in mouse mode) or active windows being on the external (in active window mode).

I've tried each of "mouse screen" and "active screen" (I'm running 10.9.4) and neither seem to work. Sometimes right after I change the setting, things are ok, but maybe depending on the apps I'm running, or something else, Alfred stops appearing on my external monitor and it goes back to only displaying on the laptop (the default) despite my mouse being on the external (in mouse mode) or active windows being on the external (in active window mode).

The mechanism which controls this is really very simple in Alfred, so it should be reliable as it is for others. It could be that a 3rd party app is affecting this behaviour. Perhaps try temporarily creating a new user account on your Mac and having a play on that account to see if the behaviour is as expected.

Cheers,

Andrew

I did some more searching and I saw a thread which suggested that Alfred doesn't work as well when the screen layout in a bit weird. My layout was probably non-standard.  Has that issue been fixed?

Most of those issues have been resolved. Have you done as Andrew suggested and created a temporary account and test it there to see if it still occurs?