iBooks Store Search

Search the iBooks store and view search results with book cover previews right in Alfred.

• Open search results in iBooks.app (default behavior)
  • Quick Look search results' preview pages right in Alfred (press Shift, the Quick Look feature must be enabled in Alfred's preferences)
  • Open search results' preview pages in your default browser (modifier key — Command)
The workflow's preferences (keyword — ibprefs) allow you to set the maximum search results limit and preferred store country, as well as clear the book cover cache.

1084357348_iBooksSearchScreen1.png.2818838555a067890d2f3b7edef06517.png314051403_iBooksSearchScreen2.png.9ac814c9f61871270e6bc2661192cd24.png

Edited by targumanu
  • 4 years later...
On 1/24/2019 at 1:30 AM, xilopaint said:

It's a simple issue.

This workflow creates data and cache folders on wrong locations for Alfred 3 users. You can solve the issue by using Script Environment Variables for both folders.

I’ve updated the workflow to use Alfred’s environment variables to get the paths to its data storage locations.

Please re-download.

To remove the old data in Alfred 2’s cache and data folders, launch Terminal and execute the following commands:

rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow\ Data/com.targumanu.ibookssearch
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Alfred\ 2/Workflow\ Data/com.targumanu.ibookssearch

Edited by targumanu
6 hours ago, targumanu said:

To remove the old data in Alfred 2’s cache and data folders, launch Terminal and execute the following commands:

rm -rf ~/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred-2/Workflow\ Data/com.targumanu.ibookssearch
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Alfred\ 2/Workflow\ Data/com.targumanu.ibookssearch

From what I remember you were using ~/Library/Caches/iBooksSearch on v1.0.

On 1/25/2019 at 11:18 PM, xilopaint said:

From what I remember you were using ~/Library/Caches/iBooksSearch on v1.0.

My workflow is not programmed to create that folder or add any files to it.

Apparently, macOS creates that folder and its contents to cache data my workflow downloads from the Internet.

On 1/26/2019 at 12:25 AM, xilopaint said:

Hey @targumanu, do you mind to also fix the paths on your Mac App Store Search workflow?

Done

• 5 months later...

Hey guys,

I made a workflow that seems to work pretty awesome in conjunction with this one. Instead of searching the Books store, this one allows you to just search the books you've already downloaded by parsing the sqlite database where the book files are stored. I just used this workflow to shortcut to a title, download it, then reopen Alfred (with the previous text still input) and immediately access the new book from there from the workflow I made. Pretty snazzy stuff. Thanks for making this amazing Workflow; it's mindblowing to me I never thought someone would already have something like this made :)

Edited by codycodes