Email and Email to File Actions do not obey default mail client

protocolor

What you were doing when the issue happened: select any file with the file navigator, bring up the action menu, then select the 'email' or 'email to' action. In OS X Yosemite (10.10). It always brings the email action up in OS X Mail, even though I have defined Chrome as my default mail handler.

* Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action: Yes, this happened every time I tried to replicate

* Include the Alfred version & build number you are using: v 2.5.1 (308)

* Include your OS X version OS X 10.10

What you were doing when the issue happened: select any file with the file navigator, bring up the action menu, then select the 'email' or 'email to' action. In OS X Yosemite (10.10). It always brings the email action up in OS X Mail, even though I have defined Chrome as my default mail handler.
* Whether you were able to replicate it a second time by performing the same action: Yes, this happened every time I tried to replicate
* Include the Alfred version & build number you are using: v 2.5.1 (308)
* Include your OS X version OS X 10.10

Unfortunately, Chrome doesn't have the relevant external AppleScript support for emailing attachments. The list of email clients which Alfred supports for attachments is list at the bottom of Alfred's Features > Contacts > Email preferences.

If you are using webmail, you can select 'Use Gmail to compose mail' in this same prefs page which will allow the 'mail' command to work for composing emails (but not attachments).

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks. I thought it was a bug because if I select type the 'email' command to send an email (not from the file action menu) it does create/send the email in Chrome.

Alfred uses the mailto: url handler for this, so it's compatible with any mail client which can deal with this, I assume Chrome registers itself as a mailto: handler in this case :)