Alfred does not respond while script is running [Fixed 2.7 b382]

johnofcamas

I just started using Alfred remote and I have a script that triggers a Keyboard Maestro Macro.  The Keyboard Maestro macro copies files (sometimes very large).  Once I trigger the action from the remote palette Alfred does not respond until the file copy is done (which can be over a minute sometimes).

• What you were doing when the issue happened
    action triggered by alfred remote
  • Whether you were able to replicate it
    Yes - every time
  • Include any screenshots that might help us
    not applicable
  • Include the version and build number from Alfred's About preferences
    v 2.6 (374)
  • Include the version of OS X you are currently using and any customisation that may be relevant
    Mac OS X version 10.10.1 (14B25)

I just started using Alfred remote and I have a script that triggers a Keyboard Maestro Macro.  The Keyboard Maestro macro copies files (sometimes very large).  Once I trigger the action from the remote palette Alfred does not respond until the file copy is done (which can be over a minute sometimes).

• What you were doing when the issue happened

action triggered by alfred remote

• Whether you were able to replicate it

Yes - every time

• Include any screenshots that might help us

not applicable

• Include the version and build number from Alfred's About preferences

v 2.6 (374)

• Include the version of OS X you are currently using and any customisation that may be relevant

Mac OS X version 10.10.1 (14B25)

Interesting... Alfred runs scripts off the main thread so it shouldn't block things. I'll add a ticket to look into this!

• 3 weeks later...

So I can see why this is happening - Alfred queues task from individual script action objects to prevent bloating. This should probably not be the case and allow scripts to run concurrently... I'm doing a little bit of analysis in this area and should hopefully have a fix for you.

This shouldn't block Alfred though - Would you mind emailing the workflow which is causing the issue to our info@ email address so I could take a look?

Cheers,

Andrew

• 1 month later...