Contacts App

I have Alfred 2.7.1.  I do not have the Powerpack.  I have two contacts apps on my mac, the standard Apple Contacts and a product called BusyContacts.

When I use Alfred to search for a contact, e.g. Joe Smith, and then I hit enter on it from the search results list, Alfred always launches BusyContacts, rather than contacts.  The default app for VCF files is Contacts, not BusyContacts.  If I have a .VCF file and double click on it, it launches Contacts, not BusyContacts.  If I right click on the VCF file, it shows Contacts as the default app.  Yet, Alfred launches BusyContacts.  

How to I change Alfred to launch Contacts, not BusyContacts?  Note, if I drag BusyContacts to the trash, Alfred launches Contacts but as soon as I put it back, Alfred launches BusyContacts.

I have Alfred 2.7.1.  I do not have the Powerpack.  I have two contacts apps on my mac, the standard Apple Contacts and a product called BusyContacts.

When I use Alfred to search for a contact, e.g. Joe Smith, and then I hit enter on it from the search results list, Alfred always launches BusyContacts, rather than contacts.  The default app for VCF files is Contacts, not BusyContacts.  If I have a .VCF file and double click on it, it launches Contacts, not BusyContacts.  If I right click on the VCF file, it shows Contacts as the default app.  Yet, Alfred launches BusyContacts.  

How to I change Alfred to launch Contacts, not BusyContacts?  Note, if I drag BusyContacts to the trash, Alfred launches Contacts but as soon as I put it back, Alfred launches BusyContacts.

Alfred doesn't control this behaviour, but there is a workaround. If you select Alfred to use Spotlight metadata to search Contacts in Alfred's Features > Contacts > Advanced preferences, then this should open in Contacts again as it opens the metadata file which is associated to the OS X contacts app.

Cheers,

Andrew

Thanks for the response.  Two questions:

1. When I look in Features > Contacts, there is no advanced preferences option.  It only shows an add for the PowerPack.  So, how do I do this?

2.  When you say that "Alfred does not control this", where is it controlled?  As I mentioned, if I delete BusyContacts, Alfred uses the Contacts app.  And the contacts app is the system default.  But with BusyContacts installed, Alfred always uses it.  Is there a system order list that it Alfred uses?

Thanks for the response.  Two questions:

1. When I look in Features > Contacts, there is no advanced preferences option.  It only shows an add for the PowerPack.  So, how do I do this?

2.  When you say that "Alfred does not control this", where is it controlled?  As I mentioned, if I delete BusyContacts, Alfred uses the Contacts app.  And the contacts app is the system default.  But with BusyContacts installed, Alfred always uses it.  Is there a system order list that it Alfred uses?

1. Ah, the Contacts [Advanced] options are for Powerpack users only - sorry about that.

2. Alfred does not have control over the address book handling, he simply requests OS X to open the addressbook:// URL which is handled by the registered App. This is likely why deleting BusyContacts reverts back to Contacts.app

There isn't a huge amount I can do to help out here - but I do understand that BusyContacts are reverting the addressbook:// change in a future release so this behaviour will likely go back to normal for you.

Cheers,

Andrew

Andrew and Vitor

Thanks so much for your help.  I now understand the issue.  I thought I could solve it by just changing the file type association but that didn't do it.  But, the RCDefault app solved the problem for me.  I really appreciate you guys taking the time to answer my questions.