Alfred launching with " / " in field

Anytime I launch Alfred there is a "/" in place that opens to a directory, which isn't very helpful. I've tried resetting the cache and rebuilt data, but can't seem to figure out how to fix this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Anytime I launch Alfred there is a "/" in place that opens to a directory, which isn't very helpful. I've tried resetting the cache and rebuilt data, but can't seem to figure out how to fix this.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Cheers!

Hi there, that's an odd issue, and it sounds to me like it could be interference from a workflow.

To help troubleshoot this, please answer these few questions:

- How long have you had this issue for?

- What hotkey causes this character to appear?

- Do you use workflows? If so, take a careful look at whether any of them could be causing this interference

- Do you use any third party apps that could be activated by the same hotkey?

Let me know how you get on :)

Cheers,

Vero

Hi Vera,

See below for details!

- This issue popped up about week ago

- Alfred activates on double ⌘, which then launches with the " / " in place

- No workflows

- As far as I can tell, no other apps use this command (at least I've not made any myself)

Let me know if you need additional details...

Cheers!

Hi Vera,

See below for details!

- This issue popped up about week ago

- Alfred activates on double ⌘, which then launches with the " / " in place

- No workflows

- As far as I can tell, no other apps use this command (at least I've not made any myself)

Let me know if you need additional details...

Cheers!

Have you tried temporarily changing your hotkey to something else, for example alt+space? or even double tap alt?

Have you tried temporarily changing your hotkey to something else, for example alt+space? or even double tap alt?

Hi Andrew,

After changing the hotkey to double alt, the double cmd hotkey is still showing the same action. So double alt launches Alfred as expected and double cmd now launches with "Users/~/" populated. Additionally, I cannot seem to change the hotkey back to double cmd. Since the double cmd is a second nature at this time, any ideas on how I can clear this? Tossing the plist file?

Let me know when you can!

Cheers,

Phil

Hi Andrew,

After changing the hotkey to double alt, the double cmd hotkey is still showing the same action. So double alt launches Alfred as expected and double cmd now launches with "Users/~/" populated. Additionally, I cannot seem to change the hotkey back to double cmd. Since the double cmd is a second nature at this time, any ideas on how I can clear this? Tossing the plist file?

Let me know when you can!

Cheers,

Phil

Could you try temporarily creating a new user account and seeing if you have the same issues with Alfred there? If you can't set the hotkey back to double cmd, that's  typically an indication that something else is clashing with that hotkey. That could explain the behavior. Is there anything else you have installed that could be using that same hotkey?

• 3 weeks later...

Could you try temporarily creating a new user account and seeing if you have the same issues with Alfred there? If you can't set the hotkey back to double cmd, that's  typically an indication that something else is clashing with that hotkey. That could explain the behavior. Is there anything else you have installed that could be using that same hotkey?

Hi David,

I created the test account and was able to use change double command as a hotkey with no issues. Which (I think) means that it's most likely not a clash with that hotkey, correct? Any other ideas would be more than welcome!

Cheers,

Phil

Hi David,

I created the test account and was able to use change double command as a hotkey with no issues. Which (I think) means that it's most likely not a clash with that hotkey, correct? Any other ideas would be more than welcome!

Cheers,

Phil

Actually it may more mean just the opposite. If you can correctly set the hotkey within a new user account, that typically means that there is some other app or some configuration within your system that is preventing you from setting that hotkey. You still have the same applications available in the new account, but a new user account isn't configured the same way. Default settings within a new account allow for it, therefore, something within your current account is blocking Alfred.