Alfred Hotkey just stopped working [Fixed 2.7.3 b409 pre-release]

CarlSchulz

Not sure if I was doing anything.  The hot key just doesnt work anymore.  I have tried changing the hotkey ... that doesnt work.  Stopped and restarted alfred.  no luck.  rebooted a coupe of times.  nothing

I am on the latest build.

any diagnostic suggestions are welcome

Carl Schulz

Edited by Vero
Edited to remove user's email address

Not sure if I was doing anything.  The hot key just doesnt work anymore.  I have tried changing the hotkey ... that doesnt work.  Stopped and restarted alfred.  no luck.  rebooted a coupe of times.  nothing

I am on the latest build.

any diagnostic suggestions are welcome

Carl Schulz

Could you please check if Alfred is showing if you use the "Toggle Alfred" option from the Alfred hat in the menu bar?

Cheers,

Andrew

I had tried toggling Alfred and that did not work either.

So ....  I was preparing to uninstall and reinstall and turned on syncing to capture whatever I could.

Voila ... Alfred is back.  Not sure what happened.

I rely on Alfred for everything so ... I am really glad it is back.  I was completely stumped at how to get things done without it.

Carl

I had tried toggling Alfred and that did not work either.

So ....  I was preparing to uninstall and reinstall and turned on syncing to capture whatever I could.

Voila ... Alfred is back.  Not sure what happened.

I rely on Alfred for everything so ... I am really glad it is back.  I was completely stumped at how to get things done without it.

Carl

I'm currently fiddling with some code to see if I can reproduce this as a few other users have murmured similar kinds of issues!

Glad you are sorted for now :)

Same issue for me with the latest version 2.7.2 (407) and 10.10.5. Simply doesn't show it the first time you try to launch it after reboot and then for a while. Suddenly it will work, but takes many tries and time. You can enter preferences via cmd+. even if you cannot see the window

Same issue for me with the latest version 2.7.2 (407) and 10.10.5. Simply doesn't show it the first time you try to launch it after reboot and then for a while. Suddenly it will work, but takes many tries and time. You can enter preferences via cmd+. even if you cannot see the window

Did the build I posted above solve your issue?

Cheers,

Andrew