Eject not showing up in El Capitan

dkardell

For some reason Eject is not showing up in Alfred.  Is this an El Capitan issue?  I have Eject selected in the settings, yet typing in eject just shows a google serch ?

What kind of volume are you trying to eject? You may need to pop up Alfred's preferences to Features > System Commands and pick from the dropdown in the top right for Eject so that it includes the kind of volumes you're using (either only Removable media like USB keys, local mounted volumes or mounts in /volumes) 

Once you've picked, you should see the drives appear when typing "eject" :)

Cheers,

Vero

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, so sorry I forgot to come back here and check.  Alfred still is not recognizing "eject".  If I activate the hot key to bring up Alfred and type in eject it just shows Google, Amazon and Wikipedia search for 'eject'.   The eject keyword is checked in preferences..  I do have "removable media" selected from the dropdown.

Edited by dkardell

Hey guys, so sorry I forgot to come back here and check.  Alfred still is not recognizing "eject".  If I activate the hot key to bring up Alfred and type in eject it just shows Google, Amazon and Wikipedia search for 'eject'.   The eject keyword is checked in preferences..  I do have "removable media" selected from the dropdown.

Could you please post a screenshot of your Eject system command preferences and let us know in more details what kind of drive you're trying to eject? :)

Just tring to eject USB external Hard Drives.  How do I upload screen shots.  Drag and drop here says: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." and I tried both jpg and png?

Edited by dkardell

Just tring to eject USB external Hard Drives.  How do I upload screen shots.  Drag and drop here says: "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community." and I tried both jpg and png?

If you have Dropbox [free], pop the image in dropbox and copy the public link for it, then click the image icon to add the image link.

Have you tried selecting "Local Mounted Volumes" for the eject type. If it's a USB hard drive, it's likely treated as non removable media so won't show up under "Removable Media".

Cheers,

Andrew