"Open file" workflow action

Is there a way to see path of the file I've placed into the "Open File" action ?

alfred%20-%20open%20file.png?raw=1

The workflows I've made for myself are all pretty simple ones, that just open files in specific apps. I'm constantly bumping into the issue that I have no idea what some of those files are. Especially if it's a file I haven't launched in a while. The full path would give it some more context (or if I could open the path in finder).

The most irritating thing is that some of these files share the same name and extension, but exist in different locations. I have no way of knowning which one is which, unless I remember it based on the hotkey or keyword I've given the action.

Edited by joonas

This is kind of a biggie.

Most workflow elements are so badly described in the UI that (if you have more than a couple of elements) you've no idea what is what without opening their sheets. A tooltip or two would be a massive help.

Personally, due to the opacity of workflow elements and the difficulty of rearranging them in the editor, I try to put as much of the UX complexity in the script(s) as possible, and not in the UI.

Personally, due to the opacity of workflow elements and the difficulty of rearranging them in the editor, I try to put as much of the UX complexity in the script(s) as possible, and not in the UI.

This should hopefully be fully addressed when I overhaul workflows :)