Contact viewer

When I enter the name of a known contact it appears in the list. When opened, instead of showing me the powerpac contact viewer, it takes me to the mac contacts app and the entered contact is not shown.

Any ideas?

FYI, I am about a week new to Alfred and just bought the powerpac yesterday.

Launch Alfred's preferences to Features > Contacts and make sure the checkbox for "Open Contacts in Alfred" is ticked :)

When you find a contact in Alfred's results, just press the Return key to show Alfred's contact viewer. 

Let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Vero

Thanks for helping.

Yes, it was checked. Same results. 

Is this only happening for a single contact? Or all contacts?

If it's all contacts, my guess is Alfred is finding perhaps old metadata or a backup of contacts which don't directly relate to current contacts. It could also be that Alfred doesn't have access to search your contacts in OS X's security preferences.

• 6 months later...

I have the same problem here. It seems that if the contact is marked as a company inside OSX contacts, it does not open in Alfred. Then it opens the native contacts app in osx but doesnt even open the right contact card.

Can this issue be fiex so it opens in Alfred when it is going to be opened in Alfred  regardless if it is a person with a name of a company?

I have the same problem here. It seems that if the contact is marked as a company inside OSX contacts, it does not open in Alfred. Then it opens the native contacts app in osx but doesnt even open the right contact card.

Can this issue be fiex so it opens in Alfred when it is going to be opened in Alfred  regardless if it is a person with a name of a company?

If you've setup Alfred to use OS X metadata for finding contacts, where are the [incorrectly / not showing] contacts stored when you bring up Alfred's contact panel and reveal them in Finder?