Backup Content, Manual Backup and Syncing Frequency

Creating a really good work setup takes a lot of effort and time to code and compile. I want to back up my Alfred settings and workflows. I found the syncing feature and set it up. However, I would still like to do a manual backup, and there are also a few things I don't completely understand regarding how the sync backup functions.

I have the following questions:

1. Are both the workflows and all the settings backed up to the sync backup? Is it pretty much everything?

2. What is the frequency of the sync backup (I just checked and it seems the file was modified a few days ago, but I did some changes today and yesterday)?

3. How do you initiate the sync backup?

4. How do you do a manual backup?

5. Are all the settings, as well as the workflows inside this manual backup? Is it pretty much everything?

Regards.

Creating a really good work setup takes a lot of effort and time to code and compile. I want to back up my Alfred settings and workflows. I found the syncing feature and set it up. However, I would still like to do a manual backup, and there are also a few things I don't completely understand regarding how the sync backup functions.

If you have setup syncing in Alfred, every setting in Alfred is essentially written to the Alfred.alfredpreferences package, including workflows, snippets, the lot, to the folder you have selected. You can confirm this by right clicking on one of your workflows and select "Open in Finder" where you'll see that it exists within this package.

The actual syncing mechanism is dealt with by whichever sync service you are using, e.g. Dropbox.

If you'd like to manually backup your Alfred settings (and aren't using something like Time Machine), simply copy the Alfred.alfredpreferences package to your backup device.

Cheers,

Andrew

If you have setup syncing in Alfred, every setting in Alfred is essentially written to the Alfred.alfredpreferences package, including workflows, snippets, the lot, to the folder you have selected. You can confirm this by right clicking on one of your workflows and select "Open in Finder" where you'll see that it exists within this package.

The actual syncing mechanism is dealt with by whichever sync service you are using, e.g. Dropbox.

If you'd like to manually backup your Alfred settings (and aren't using something like Time Machine), simply copy the Alfred.alfredpreferences package to your backup device.

Cheers,

Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the reply. All is understood now. :)

Regards.