Unable to compile script 'itunes' after 3.1 upgrade

fumble

Hello,

After updating to 3.1 today, Alfred seems it can no longer interact with iTunes. The error I’m receiving is:

Unable to compile script 'itunes'

You really shouldn't be seeing this message! Alfred compiles and caches AppleScripts to make things faster. Something has happened which has prevented Alfred from doing this for e.g. osacompile does not exist or there is a permissions problem.

Alfred will fall back to internally compiling scripts when it needs them.

(screen shot: http://imgur.com/a/rgCrC )

My details:

• OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite
  • iTunes 12.3.2.35
  • Alfred 3.1 [718]

Don't know if this matters, but my iTunes library is large at slightly over 20,000 tracks.

Recreate the issue:

NOTE: The above error appears to be generated upon first interaction with iTunes, then silently fails thereafter. In order to make the error appear again, one must quit Alfred, then attempt one of the following:

1. The error is shown on first call to the mini-player. After dismissing the error dialog, the mini-player shows up and appears to function correctly (browse artist/albums, etc.), but any attempt at playing fails silently.
  2. I have a workflow that is just a shortcut to play/pause iTunes. This displays the error the first time, then silently fails thereafter

Attempted resolutions

• On a lark, I tried deleting this directory:
    ~/Library/Caches/com.runningwithcrayons.Alfred–3
  • Per instructions from another thread on this subject (http://www.alfredforum.com/topic/2329-unable-to-compile-scrip-itunes/) I have repaired disk permissions and rebooted. The issue persists.
  • Everything was working wonderfully for months before the 3.1 update.

Would greatly appreciate some assistance. Alfred is lovely software and thank you for making it! Thank you.

Hello,

After updating to 3.1 today, Alfred seems it can no longer interact with iTunes. The error I’m receiving is:

My details:

• OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite
  • iTunes 12.3.2.35
  • Alfred 3.1 [718]

Would greatly appreciate some assistance. Alfred is lovely software and thank you for making it! Thank you.

Hey there,

I suspect this is caused by the updated support to disable shuffle when playing which isn't supported in older iTunes.

Could you update to the latest version of iTunes (I'm seeing 12.4.3.1) and let me know.

Cheers,

Andrew