Checked Enable advanced calculator

1. Typed

=5+5

result shows 10

2. dismissed alfred 

3. activated alfred again

4. typed 5+6 (forgot to type =)

result shows 10

result must show nothing when = is not pressed. I am not used to looking at the result, when I am typing, thus it is likely that I shall assume the previous answer as the current answer.

I'm not seeing this behaviour, I just see the default Google fallback when you type e.g 5+6 with standard calculator disabled.

Playing with this has made me spot another minor issue though, when you have adv. calc enabled and std. calc disabled and delete the =, you see the same result but it doesn't update. I'll get that fixed for the next release.

Cheers,

Andrew

Playing with this has made me spot another minor issue though, when you have adv. calc enabled and std. calc disabled and delete the =, you see the same result but it doesn't update. I'll get that fixed for the next release.

Yes, that is the problem I am facing. But it also comes up when I don't start with = in the first place instead of deleting it as in your case.

Another issue, I noticed today is

I copied a calculator result. Returned back to Aflred after a minute and pasted it, so as to do further calculations. The result had "," included which is good and I know there are settings in Alfred regarding this. However, it is not eligible for calculation anymore, it goes to fall back searches.

e.g.

=56+45,667

(45667 was what I had copied earlier and then pasted back)

I think it would also be better if thousand separators are shown when typing numbers as they are shown in results or when pasting results.

Edited by rounak