"Conflict" Between Window Roundness and Result Selected

Yosinto

Not really a "bug". But for a designer, this so-called "conflict" between Window Roundness and Result Selected almost drives me crazy. The "conflict" is shown as follows:

alfred.png

I see it could be fixed by adding window padding around. But personally I don't really love the padding idea. This is my first report. 

The second one is about the color. I set the "Result Selected Background Color" as RGB (0,122,255), but each time Alfred would change it into RGB (0,107,251) or something else. I don't get why, but as a designer, I can tell the differences between the two colors.

Those two reports above are nothing big, I just come here to share some personal feelings.

• 1 month later...

I've merged these two bug reports. I've actually responded to this issue a few times on the forum already, but I'll leave these both in bugs so others can see.

There is a fundamental incompatibility with the type of high performance transparency backed window Alfred uses, and the native clipping rect (which macOS doesn't apply). I made a decision to allow people to create themes outside the logical bounds of the clipping rect as it ultimately gives more flexibility even though you can get some strange results.

In the future, I may look at changing this behaviour, or even adding a 'native window' window backing, but for now, this is likely to stay as is.

Cheers,

Andrew