Alfred slow after upgrading to Sierra

I notice Alfred is significantly slower since upgrade to OSX Sierra. 

Example of how I use Alfred:

<CMD> + <Space> // opens alfred

sl // matches Slack

<enter>  // should open Slack

However, ever since upgrading to Sierra to first character in my search is missing. So in case of my example only the "l" will be typed in Alfred and the "s" will still be typed in the application that is open at the moment.

Am I the only one running into this issue? Am I trying to type too fast? This all went perfectly smooth before the upgrade to Sierra.

Any suggestions on fixing this would be appreciated.

Alfred v3.1.1[737]

Alfred should be instant on Sierra, so more often than not, this is simple to fix.

One thing which has been consistent when users are trying to type fast when showing Alfred is not letting go of the modifier key quick enough when typing. For example, in your case, very quickly using cmd+space and before physically releasing cmd, pressing the S which is seen as cmd+s. Another situation which can cause this is if you have an app which does keyboard modifying (or a 3rd party keyboard) which may be 'holding' the cmd key a fraction of a second longer than the physical key press.

A few other things to try:

1. Make sure there are no apps which have a similar hotkey combination which could be interfering with Alfred
  2. Try using focusing compatibility mode in Alfred's Appearance > Options as this forces focus to Alfred
  3. Try setting a theme without transparency (e.g. the classic theme) as older Macs may struggle with window blur
  4. Temporarily create a new account on your Mac, switch to that user. This will see if any 3rd party apps are getting in the way.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I have to report the same behavior as tomdev. It was working just fine in 3.1 with Sierra. Then yesterday I upgraded to 3.2 build 759 and it's very slow to open. While I wish it were so, I haven't become a much faster typist in the last 24 hours. What I'm finding is that I type cmd-space, the focus shifts (I turned on compatibility mode but yuck), and then the window pops up. I'm already using classic theme. I haven't installed any new apps. The only thing I've done differently is update to 3.2.

Bummed.

• 11 months later...

Fixed the issue for myself.  Switch your launch command to something besides cmd+space. I changed mine to Alt+Space and now Alfred launches instantly.

My guess is that there is some conflict within the the new OS since sierra that is triggering spotlight in the background without showing the GUI and at the same time trying to launch Alfred causing it to not launch at times or to launch slow.